Question
Posted by: Sheenah | 2011/07/14

Snail gel..

What do you think of the snail gel they advertise on tv..?
I am thinking of trying it.
What can I use for dark sircles under eyes..?
It is never puffy.
Or for elasticity of skin..?
I am female and 40.
Everything is so extensive..just want something for around eyes..
Moisture cream.
Which products are good and not extensive..?
Where can I buy this in Gauteng..?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Sheenah

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Sheena, thank you for the question.
There are no specific medical studies that prove the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of the snail gel however there are certain snails that excrete juices that have shown benefit when applied topically to the skin. I am a firm believer in certain ingredients such as alphahydroxy acids, polyhydroxy acids, vitamin A, and vitamin C. these ingredients can be found in NeoStrata which is good value for money. Please phone Genop Healthcare (SA distributors) at (011) 545 6600 to find the closest dispensing doctor. If these prices are still too high you can consider Nivea’s Anti-Ageing Range which can be found at any supermarket.

2
Posted by: debra | 2011/07/29

The snail gel on tv is a waste of money - do not buy it - it does not work!!!

Reply to debra
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011/07/21

Hi Sheena, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert