Question
Posted by: LM | 2010-08-12

Snack / Exercise

1.
I have started to drink Cup a Soup (Lite) as a snack, since I get hungry between meals. I do eat 6 times per day, and exercise almost every day. Unfortunately it seems my body doesn''t agree with the soup since it has milk in it, so what can I substitute it with that is low energy and cheap (I have a very tight budget).

2.
I want to know how do you know how to classify your exercise routine as light or moderate or intense?

Dear LM
If you are allergic to milk or are lactose intolerant, then most of the commercial soup products may be unsuitable for you because they generally do contain milk powder or whey, etc. If possible you could make your own soup by boiling vegetables in stock and then freezing suitable portions so that you have some available when required. Heat in the morning and take to work in a small thermos flask. If you make your own soup it may take a bit of time and effort, but you will be avoiding offending ingredients and saving money. You don't mention what type of exercise you do, but if we use the example of walking then generally speaking light exercise is going for a slow, relaxed walk; moderate exercise would be going for a brisk walk and intense exercise would be really pushing it by practically running or skipping very fast or swimming at a very fast speed.
Hope this helps

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-08-13

Dear LM
Hope this helps