Posted by: Joey | 2009-08-26

Snack attack!!

I seem to be having a similar problem as Greg with regards to insulin resistance. I too am training and simply find that I am left feeling very weak from having only 3 meals a day. Sometimes I am STARVING before my next meal. Would it be ok to have a EAS or USN bar between meals? Just to keep from feeling starving and to keep protein levels up. I' m 1,83m at about 18%bf.
I' m taking 3 x 500 glucophage currently.

Please help...

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Joey

Yes, it is a difficult problem!
I would rather that you cut the bar in half and eat it at 2 different times or alternatively fill up on a larger serving of veggies or salad – it is far more healthier and much lower in calories – remember with IR we try and control the amount of insulin that is secreted.

Good luck and take care!