Question
Posted by: Lillie | 2013-02-11

Smoothie for breakfast

Could you please tell me whether a smoothie is good breakfast? For the past 2 months my husband and I have been taking smoothies for breakfast, and I do feel as if I have more energy, and my skin also look better. The smoothie (which we share) normally consists of, for example : 1 apple, 1 peach, a handful of blueberries, 100 ml apple/mango/mixed fruit pure fruit juice, 100 ml jogurt (plain or fruit), two handsful of flax seed, one handful of sunflower seed. This fills me up for at least 4-5 hours (tea/coffee in between), while my hubby mostly adds something (egg/sandwich/small bowl of cereals). We both also each take one capsule of Omega 3.

Dear Lillie
I think the smoothie you describe is a healthy mixture of fruits, yoghurt and seeds, and it also sounds delicious. Well done for finding such a healthy breakfast solution.
Enjoy