Posted by: smallpaul | 2008-11-25

Smoking rooibos tea?

Hi, I' ve started to smoke rooibos tea today in stead of tobacco. Is this as harmful to my health as cigartettes and normal tobacco thus wasting my time and my health? Also you should know that I' m a paranoid schizophrenic and just also want to know if this can in fact be more harmful to my mental health than smoking normal cigarettes as I have done for the last ten years. The reason I' m smoking rooibos is that I just can' t seem to quit smoking and thought that this could perhaps be less damaging to my health.

Dear smallpaul
I must admit that I have never heard of anyone smoking rooibos before! I have no idea if this is safer - it does not contain nicotine, but the smoke inhalation may be harmful anyway. To stop smoking would be ideal - why do you feel you need to smoke, does it make you fell less anxious?

Posted by: Amun Re | 2016-01-09

Smoking anything is bad for you not just because of the pesticides, and nicotine but because the combustion products like carson monoxide and target damage your heart lungs and arteries. So smoking anything is harmful.

Reply to Amun Re

I have tried as well rooibos smoke and I thinks is ok ,more healthy then cig with nicotine

Smoking Rooibos with boiled Paracetamol at the moment, does not seem to do anything at all.

Posted by: Trevor Lerara. | 2014-05-04

Yeah. if you wanna quit smoking, find something else to replace the habit. eg, Whenever, i feel like a cigarette, i put my headsets on and run to the supermarket to go buy a packet of candy. The candy helps make me forget about the nicotine.

Reply to Trevor Lerara.

I've smoked rooibos before! Unlike smoking Mary Jane you don't get actually get the opposite effect! It calms you down immediately. It's different for every person but try not to inhale the smoke...just suck it back into your mouth (not your lungs..tends to burn after a while...)! Don't take too much at first! Start small and then take larger amounts! Best smoked in joints! Not really addicting unless you have a depency on smoking...(I don't...I smoke to relax/cure insomnia) try it if you'd like but do so in moderation! First time? Do it with a friend who's not smoking:drinking just in case something were to happen (allergy etc)

Like masturbating or picking your nose?

Posted by: alp | 2013-10-23

amazing how nonsmokers without diagnoses love to tell people how easy it is to quit smoking. :)

Reply to alp
Posted by: Been there | 2008-12-17

Because it contains no nicotene you will soon realise that it cannot replace cigaretes. The problem is not the act of smoking its the nicotene adiction.

Reply to Been there | 1 comment (hide)

Half the addiction is the habit of smoking, that's why people quit through chewing sunflower seeds or chewing gum. It's just the act of doing something repetitive.