Posted by: Smoking gun | 2009-04-14

smoking on school premises

Hi, Some teachers at our school stand there smoking outside their classes under the veranda, inbetween periods when classes change, or after their classes have entered the classroom. Is that against the new laws about smoking? I have a semi-permanent problem with my sinuses because of my colleagues'  smoking all over the place.

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

IN 2009 all workplaces should have no smoking - at this time legislation allows for smoking rooms, demarcated,with signage etc. No non-smoker can be exposed to second hand smoke. As for schools - it is reprehensible that teaches smoke on campus,they should show maturity,wisdom and self-discipline to wait till they have left the campus - shame on them!