Question
Posted by: Ross | 2010/09/23

Smoking in pregnancy

I am almost 33 weeks pregnant and have tried to stop smoking but without success. I know i could do it if i had a little help. What is worse...smoking or using nicotine patches? Why is the patches so bad. Surely its better to just have some nicotine for a week or so by using the patches as smoking where you get much more chemicals in than just nicotine by smoking. I have been battling with this for more than 5 weeks. Some sites on Google says its better but when i phone my gynie they say that i shouldnt smoke or use the patches. But its impossible for me. Please help.

Why don't you try hypnosis or go to Smokenders?.

6
Posted by: cat | 2010/09/29

im also a smoker and used to smoke a lot but the day i found out i was pregnant i stoped!!! if you realy love the person growing inside you you will give up anything!!!!

Reply to cat
Posted by: Dee | 2010/09/28

Why stop at 33 weeks? The damage is done.

Reply to Dee

Okay I will stay anon for this one, I have seen the reaction from non smoking moms on this site. I have the same problem. I have read somewhere that the gum is safe during pregnancy. The best is obviously not anything, but being a smoker myself, I know it is not that simple. I am actually concidering the hypnosis.

Posted by: cat | 2010/09/27

obviosly you dont love your baby!!!!

Reply to cat