Question
Posted by: nikki | 2010/09/28

Smoking before op

I am having elective surgery in 9 days. I have quit smoking since yesterday, but now have read that research found that quitting so close to surgery rather complicates things instead of improving them. What am I to do?

Hallo Nikki
If you can continue not to smoke, it will be beneficial. Just after you quit your lungs and airways will start producing more phlegm to get rid of the tar and other by-products in the lungs, so you may be more chesty, but this should be much better after 9 days. Take some vit C supplements and drink 8 glasses of water per day to get rid of toxins.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/28

Hallo Nikki