Question
Posted by: worried | 2010/06/23

smoking and just fell pregnant

Hi, I am desperately trying to stop smoking as I found out that I am pregnant. I am at my ends wit and need some guidance as to how I can break this 12 year habit soon. I have cut down to half the amount I used to smoke, but now, all I can do is think about smoking, and I need to quit. Should I just go cold turkey, and how do I resist the temptation. I am terrified of causing my baby harm!

Most people find it easier to cut down over a few weeks. Programs like Smokeneders may help.

2

Posted by: Dee | 2010/06/23

Causing your baby harm should be enough to resist temptation. Its not easy, believe me I know but you just have to do it. Throw the ciggies away and keep your mind occupied on other things.

Reply to Dee