Question
Posted by: Car | 2010/11/09

smoking

I want to quit smoking and willing to do it everything i need to do.Im tired now.Funny that when i see myself quitting i enjoy it more and end smoking more than my usual for a day.I have to coz i want to quit. I need advice.

please help!

Hallo Car
Smoking is pleasant and addictive, otherwise it wouldn't be so difficult to stop! You must make the decision in your head and try to motivate yourself. It is better to do it via a stop smoking program like Alan Carr and they say it is easier if you use nicotine gum in the beginning. See if you can't motivate a friend to do it with you!
Healthwise it is the best decision you can make and you will save yourself a lot of health troubles in the future.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: J | 2010/11/17

Well done on deciding to stop!
I quit after smoking for 10 years - haven''t had one for almost 4 years now. The way I did it is to make a list of all the reasons why I wanted to quit &  refer to it often. Go online &  have a look for a list of what happens in your body when you quit smoking - it''s amazing, like in 24 hours, you have no more nicotine in your system, In 8 hours the carbon monoxide (a toxic gas) levels in your blood stream will drop by half, and oxygen levels will return to normal. (google: what happens to your body if you quit smoking right now).

I worked out what I would have spent on cigarettes &  bought something with that money every month - whether a book, cd, ietm of clothig, etc. Oftne if you don''t, the money just gets ''swallowed up'' by daily life. If you have something tangible to show for it, you can also tell yourself, you can''t afford cigarettes now because you already spent the money!

And, yes, the most important thing of all: you have to want to do it - and it sounds like you''re already there. Good luck.

Reply to J
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/09

Hallo Car
dr Bets