Question
Posted by: Mieke | 2010/07/14

smoking

I hope you can help? My Dad is a very heavy smoker who has admitted he would like to quit but just doesn't know how. I would like to know all the different methods for quitting and I am even willing to look at accupuncture or hypnotherapy, I want to give him as many options as possible so he can choose the one he is most comfortable with. Please, if you can, recommend the best and most recognised programmes.

I look forward to receiving your advice!

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Meike

There are several approaches with varying rates of efficacy with respect to the cessation of a nicotine addiction. Among these are Smokenders, Stop Smoke, various forms of Cognative Behavioural Therapy (CVT), and the depth psycologies.

In addition the somatic and energetic therapies have proved effective with ceryain people. These include Reiki and Acupunture to name a few. Please book an asessment for your father on info@harmonyclinic.co.za so that we may explore your father's nicotone addiction in more depth and thus tailor-make a package to suit his needs.

2
Posted by: Addictions expert forum | 2010/07/18

Dear Meike

Reply to Addictions expert forum
Posted by: Dee | 2010/07/15

There is a smoke cesstation forum on this website with alot of info. Personally I think your dad should try more than one kind of treatment, as together they should hopefully all help him. Quitting is tough and the fact that he is willing is a first step.

Reply to Dee