Question
Posted by: Terri | 2009/01/08

Smoking

How do i get my partner to stop smoking - i am willing to stop smoking with him and find it easy to just quit, but he is having major problems - he's tried zyban before and it did not help - now he is saying that he can't just quit like me, he has to CUT down - i don't believe in that, if you want to stop then you must just stop. He won't use the patches or anything like that?

Terri

Expert ImageArchive

dear Terri
It is ok to cut down to about 5 sigarettes per day before you try to stop as the side effects will be less. Let him try to smoke 1-2 sigarettes less per day until he reaches 5 per day. Look at the Allan Carr website:
www.allencarr.co.za/