Question
Posted by: Anne_Marie | 2010/04/12

Smokers aren''t the point

The new laws are not there for the benefit of the smoker, to make him stop or smoke less... it is their own choice to stuff up their lungs.... The tobacco laws are there to protect the rights of non-smokers.

What can one do in the case where you share a semidetatched building with a smoker on the other side. The building has a shared verandah - and the lady next door smokes outside under the veranda....which means i cannot use the veranda to sit outside when i want to, and always have to keep my doors and windows shut. Smokers are the most inconsiderate people.

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

My sympathies with the balcony problem - that's a tough one, and the regulations as they are currently aren't really going to help. I think your best bet would be to ask your neighbour (or write her a letter), if you and she could decide on regular times when you each get to enjoy the balcony separately. Make up a story about your health if you have to! Consider putting up more of a partition e.g. a lattice you can grow a creeper on, between your and her side. Rest assured that although it's unpleasant, you are not getting a lot of environmental smoke this way. But you still shouldn't have to endure it.

1
Posted by: EnviroHealth Expert | 2010/04/23

Reply to EnviroHealth Expert