Question
Posted by: Sammy | 2012/08/20

Smelly wind

Hi Doctor,

Please help, I have a strange problem, no matter what I eat or drink, I pass bad smelling wind, I don''t burp alot. I even starve myself the whole day at work so that I don''t have wind, it is very embarrassing. If I do eat I have to keep my wind in until I go to the loo. I also have a lazy bowel. Please help me.

Sammy

I suggest that you supplement your diet with a good probiotic, fibre capsules and Movicol. You should also exercise at least 40 minutes, three times a week. Drink lots of food and keep hydrated. Stay away from fatty foods and foods with a high sugar content.