Posted by: Mandy | 2012-04-30

Smelly vaginal discharge

Hi Doctor

Over the las year or so I have had bad vaginal odour. My husband brought it to my attention. I went to see a Gynaecologist about it and asked if it could be the Triphasil pill causing the odour, as I have a lot of discharge most of the month. He mentioned something about HPV, gave me a anti-fungal prescription. After taking the tablets the odour disappeared for about 1 month. Tests revealed nothing wrong, yet the smell persists, especially after intercourse. What can I take to make the smell go away?

If the smell was relieved by an antifungal then it suggests an infection such as thrush. You should ensure that you husband is treated as well else you will keep reinfecting each other.

Posted by: paddykfj | 2012-05-02

What you''re talking about sounds a lot like Bacterial Vaginosis, especially if it''s stronger after sex. It''s a harmless infection that''s completely treatable

Reply to paddykfj