Question
Posted by: Clare | 2011/04/18

Smelly Vagina

I had a baby just over a year ago, I had experienced an ''''ouch'''' 3rd degree tear (perineal). I have had minimal sex after the birth of our son and can still count the amount of intercourse on one hand. My problem is that after the birth of my son I have been getting my normal monthly period which smells terrible!!! I have now decided to go on the 3month injection but discharge and spotting blood are exiting my vagina which also has this horrible smell. We are both safe sexual partners and I do not have any symptoms like itching or burning. Just the smell!! I tried using baby powder but the rest of my duties and routines are still the same. So Im not using different soaps etc. everything''s still the same. This started after the birth of my son but I would like to know where the smell comes from and what to do about it? Please please please help! Its no fun going to the pharmacy or doctor explaining a fishy vagina :-(

You will have to go to the doctor. It sounds like an infection. This could possibly be coming from the uterus, but you will need an examination to make a diagnosis.

2

Posted by: Aims | 2011/04/19

Just my two cents!! Please, please go to a gynae! or even a doctor, it''s nothing to be ashamed of, trust me. This doesn''t sound right and it can get worse, this is a typical sign of infection somewhere.... really, my friend is a gynae and she see it all... and there''s always comments like, " if only they came sooner!!!" .....

Take care

Aims

Reply to Aims