Question
Posted by: Nozipho | 2010/04/15

Smelly urine

What could be the problem when your urine smells like rotten fish and it some times burns. I do drink 8 glases of water a day but the smell does not go away. Have tried Citrosoda but it helps for that day and thats it

It could be a bladder infection whihc may need antibiotics.

3
Posted by: Tracy | 2010/07/05

Over the past 2-3 mnths have been experiencing very pungent wee smell - sometimes very dark, sometimes lighter - looks like there are particles floating in the wee. The regular thought is always a bladder infection - however, when I recently went for my paps and mentioned this to my gynae - he didn''t think it was a bladder infection and dismissed the query. It has still continued since then - could it something else other than a bladder infection ? Should I be concerned? My Dad has a sugar problem and potential diabetes which is now controlled by diet. Any correlation to my problem ?

Reply to Tracy
Posted by: mbali | 2010/04/28

Hi Dr. My urine smells funny in the morning. i dont drink the required 8 glasses of water daily but i do drink every now and again. what scares me is that my urine smells the same as my fathers and shortly after that he was diagnosed with Jaundice. is it hereditary? is it curable?

Reply to mbali