Posted by: smelly nose | 2010-02-08

Smelly nose

I had a CT scan done and it showed that I had Bad sinusitus. The doctors have put me on Cortezone tabs and 2 different nasal sprays. But for the past 2 weeks I have had this terrible smell coming out of my nose and its like a post nasal drip. It stinks! when I blow my nose it smells bad and after i blow my nose, out of the one nostril the green stuff just runs like water. I have flushed my nose with saline water but it does not help. Please advise what i should do!!!!!!!!!!

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Smelly Nose

You are most likely suffering from a sinus infection. This would need a course of antibiotics. Please see your ENT for an opinion. The medication you are mentioning does not include an antibiotic and the smelly discharge is most likely infective in nature. An examination is needed before treatment may be started.