Question

smelly feet

What is the best product I can use for smelly feet? I never used to have smelly feet. Recently I' ve been wearing a lot of hard shoes with stockigs that doesn' t really absorb any sweat. All of my shoes are smelling badly. I' ve tried a variety of foot powders as well as foot sprays.
What causes smelly feet and please advise on what is the best way to get rid of it completely.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Feet smell as a result of perspiration and bacteria on the skin that breaks down the sweat and excretes waste that has a strong odor. This bacteria particularly loves the dark and damp environment that is your shoes.

To get rid of it -
Dont wear nylon socks; try cotton instead. And try to put on a clean pair of socks during the day.
Dont wear the same pair of shoes on consecutive days (this will allow for shoes to dry).
Try an antiperspirant such as Perspirex on your feet.
To control the bacteria population on you feet, you should wash your feet with strong anti-bacterial soap, or wipe it clean with surgical spirits once to twice daily
Get some green-cross shoe insert that contains charcoal - These are available from your pharmacy