Question
Posted by: Dilha | 2010/12/16

Smelly discharge

Hi Doc,am an HIV positive woman,currently not sexual active BUT have a problem of smelly discharge out of the blue,sometimes when I am mustarbating or just before and after my period it just get worse,I usually take FLAGYL but should I be worried? My GP said its the virus but am not convecied that there''s nothing that can be done,I am starting to loose my self esteem,am always cautious around people,sumtimes change a pantyliner more than 5times a day,can you please advise what I can use?

HIV positive women are more prone to vaginal infections. Thrush is quite common and Diflucan will help with this, but you need to be sure what type of infection you keep getting.

1