Question
Posted by: Tamica | 2008/07/15

Smelly discharge

I would like to know from the gyna about a smelly discharge, to make short, i have gone to four gyna with no help, i have done pap smear twice, 1st gyna gave me a pill to put on my vagina i guess because i was virgin at the time (20yrs) it made no difference. Went to the second one who recommended that i do a pap smear of which i did but came back he said it doesn't show anything wrong but is still had the same problem. Got married last with the same problem of which my partner accepted me with that and we always use protection and i told him that we need to stick on that until we find solution to the problem and he understood, although i feel embarrassed it about everywhere i go because a person next to me can smell that, my fiance took me to a GP and i was given antibiotics and they made no difference, 5 months ago i went to another gyna in a private clinic i was given medication and did a pap smear again and he called me to say nothing is wrong and told me that i should use the medication he prescribed things will be ok and also recommended douching and i did that but nothing happened, so i'm confused please help me this is also affecting my self esteem especially at work i can't focus anymore, please if you could recommend anything or anyone you know who has dealt with the problem before. I have done HIV tests of which they came negative as well. PLEASE HELP

I would suggest that you ask your gynaecologist to take a vaginal swab, which is different to a pap smear. If this shows no infection, then what you have is probably a normal discharge. All women have this and they each have their own individual smell. If you sweat a lot or wear tight jeans, it could be sweating in this area which is causing the smell and not a vaginal probelm.