Question
Posted by: Mom | 2012-02-02

Smelly armpit

Hi, Doc
I have a 7 year old daughter in Gr 2, her armpits are starting to smell, find it difficult to understand as i think she is still too young for that to happen, what is the possible cause and what can i do to help her. Might be exagerating but I''m starting to worry about her possibly being mocked at school because of this. I dont recall suffering from such condition at such an early age.

There is nothing abnormal and the smell is due to bacteria growing on the skin. You can apply Mitchum underarm perspirant to alleviate the sweating. This product has the highest concentration of aluminium oxide, which is very effective to treat perspiration.