Question
Posted by: Taya | 2009-03-26

smell during and after sex

hello

I don' t have sex often its usually once every few months. I have a casual lover. The gaps between our meetings got longer last year and when it hit once every three or four months I suddenly started to get terrible cystitis in the days following sex. Then this year, after another lengthy break I again had sex. Predictably, an awful bout of cystitis followed but also a major vaginal irritation accompanied by an awful smell. This arrived almost the same time as the cystitis. I used covospor to no effect. My lover came to see me again and the vaginal odour came during sex, very foul too. I was so embarrassed. We then lay down to rest and 30 mins later to my huge surprise, my lover initiated sex again. I thought he’ d been put off for life. The smell was less this time but still there.

Is there any link to the cystitis, of which I have had 5 painful episodes in the last year, all after sex? What kind of vaginal infection or bacterial imbalance is located way up high in the vagina? My underwear doesn’ t smell and the first inch or two of my vagina seems odour free. Way up at the top where the penis reaches is where the bad smell is located, hence it only being apparent during sex and when I was using the covospor plunger.

I have no discharge, just the smell. I am not in pain except when I pee.

What do I do now? The infection or whatever it is seems not to be responding to treatment. Incidentally, the stuff I am taking for cystitis is also not working. I have had burning urine for two weeks now. Citro Soda not helping, Pyridium for bladder infection not working.

What is going on and why is my body suddenly so resistant to sex? All sorts of complications afterwards.

Cystitis is common after sex as the bladder is irritaed by the friction of sex. Emptying the bladder before and after sex helps. AT the moment, you probably need an antibiotic to get rid of the infection.
In terms of the smell, remember that semen can have quite a strong smell. ANother possibility is that you have an STI, which is why the smell is there after sex. I would suggest that you see your doctor.

2
Posted by: lulu | 2009-03-27

Yes a gynaecologist to be exact not just any GP. explain to them in detail and make sure you don' t leave anything out, this could be something worse than you think.

Good luck!

Reply to lulu
Posted by: Dazza | 2009-03-27

Hi Taya, I dont have an idea about ur problem but I m advising you to see your doctor while is too early. The earlier the better.
Good luck!

Reply to Dazza