Question
Posted by: Andy | 2011/02/13

Smell and taste

my housemate has lost complete sense of taste and smell. What are the possible causes of this?

Andy

The most likely cause, is a chronic sinusitis and he/she should consult a doctor for an examination and a possible course of antibiotics.

2
Posted by: C | 2011/02/18

I also suffer!! Do not eat any dairy products, brown choc. I love all this!! Eat it and suffer, leave it and craze for it!!

Reply to C
Posted by: J | 2011/02/15

Can also be zinc deficiency! A symptom of this is anosmia - or loss of smell. Usually if you lose sense of smell, you won''t really taste food either.

Reply to J