Question
Posted by: doglover | 2010-06-01

Smell

My 4 month old pup has developed a problem with very smelly gas. He eats puppy food, he has been wormed and there is no reason that I can think of as to why this has suddenly happened. Should I be worried and take him to the vet. I have not changed the brand of puppy food that I feed him. He does occasionally steal my cats'' food though and I wonder if this may contribute to the odour.

Hi Doglover

Flatulence can be a common problem with dog's. If it is excessive then you should consult your local vet. The problem may arise due to a) excessive ingestion of air, b) quality of the food that the dog eats and c) Bacterial overpopulation.
I would advise that you change the diet to a premium brand - Hill, Royal Canine, Eukanuba e.t.c. Try and avoid the dog eating the cat food and limit offering additional treat/scraps. You can also use a probiotic such as Protexin

2
Posted by: Susan | 2010-06-01

Try Protexin, it is a probiotic that you get from the vetshop.

Reply to Susan
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010-06-01

Hi Doglover

Reply to CyberVet