Question
Posted by: Regi | 2009-09-29

smell

I went to a dr complaining about fish smell evrytime after sexual intercourse, she prescribed Metrogel to be used 5 days, I did that but the problem did not go away. is there any over the counter medicine I can use for this? I' m 31 female. it only happens after sex and I' m in a long distance relationship, so when my hubby is away I don' e get this smell

Regi

Ask your doctor to do a papsmear, as well as an MC&S of the vaginal discharge, in order to identify the pathogen that causes the infection and the fishy odour. It is most probably a bacterial vaginitis caused by Gardnerella infection.