Posted by: CMED | 2009-02-11

please help me out, i am obviously embarresed to ask this but i need a solution.

i am 25, i have a mirena in me, not pregnant, i am on antidepressents, for 9 months now but experienced this problem before the meds, the other meds i take are a multivitamin, thats all.

problem is, i wash with normal low ph soap (protex) and i wash everyday, but i always have a fowl smell coming from my vagina, very often a hour after i have even washed i can smell the smell. i have a healthy sex life with my partner of 3 years and even he has noticed the smell lately, its a really strong smell. he isnt sleeping around and has no std' s or sti' s we have been checked, just in case.
i have some discharge, creamy white, sometimes a little yellow but not bad. if i wear pants and just put my hands in my lap just sitting normally like people do, when i left my hand to my nose i can always smell the smell. so i live on deodrant, i dont spray down there, so its not the deo. dont think others can smell it, but i know its there.

i dont have an infection, it doesnt burn when i urinate, sometimes im very gassy but i go every second day to every day to do a number 2.

i am considerably healthy, i however did have (squamous epithelial lessions) C2 and C3 cells about 3.5 years ago which were removed and all has been ok since then.

i just need an idea of whats wrong and how do i get rid of the smell. its a really strong bitter fowl smell. and i promise you i wash nicely. i also changed my soap since the cells were removed i dont use bath soaps or bubble bath or any oils or nice girly stuff in my bath just in case i do get an infection, that was as per my gynea. and have been usng the same soap for years. nothing has changed. i also dont get infections very often at all. last infection was 2years ago and it was sorted just by using citro soda.

oh yes, i sometimes get sharp shooting pains just above my pubic bone, but they are quick and dont last long. durng intercourse if my partner is penetrating me while im one my hands and knees from behind, but in my vigina(oh this sounds so embarrissing, but i need help) i also experience those same sharp shooting pains in the area just above my pubic bone. i notice also that if i have a bit of gas that i have those same pains.

i have been experiencing this problem for about 2 years now on and off. mostly on though. and my partner has always noticed the strong smell after intercourse, i even dont want him to give me oral as i have that complex.

please help, i' ve tried to give you all the info i can just so you can give me an accurate solution.

If you have a discharge and a smell, you may have an infection such as thrush or bacterial vaginosis which are not STDs. The smell after sex is likely to be a semen smell. It is normal to have some discomfort in certain sexual positions and you should then just avoid them. You should be seeing a gynaecologist for regular check-ups with your past history, so get these checked at your next visit.

Change your soap!! Protex caused it with me and a relative.

can you use gyaguard capsules when you have your period

Posted by: Nizza | 2009-02-12

I had the same problem, my gynea gave me antibiotics and told me to stop using anti bacterial soaps cos they remove even the good bacteria. Preferably use white soaps e.g. palmolive or sunlight mild baby soap. she also said that if you' ve washed thoroughly with soap in the morning, there' s no need to wash with soap in the evening.

Hope it helps

Reply to Nizza
Posted by: CMED | 2009-02-12

Thanks Melissa.

I did see it in my pharmacy but wasnt too sure, but now that i know i can use it i will.

thank you darl

Reply to CMED
Posted by: Melissa | 2009-02-12

I know exactly what you are going through. I know it is embarrassing but it' s normal.

The symptoms you are experiencing sounds like a Bacterial infection called Bacterial Vaginosis. Go buy GynaGuard, it is a vaginal capsule. It works fantastic. Get yourself some GynaGuard WASH as well and stop using any SOAP. Use the GynaGuard wash for at least a month. YOU won’ t believe the difference.

Reply to Melissa