Posted by: Callie | 2009-02-09

Small white pimples on tongue

My daughter seems to develop small white ' pimples'  on her tongue. She complains that they are sore, but appear more irritating. What could be the cause of these and how can I treat them.

Hallo Callie
It may be the normal papillae of the tongue that is irritated by chemicals ( like from certain toothpaste) or sour foods like tomatoes or pineapples. She could use something like Teejel on her tongue if this happens. However, if the white spots are bigger than a pinhead and tend to make patches, it could be a candida infection and then Mycostatin may help

Posted by: Mmmmmm | 2009-02-12

I get them maybe once or twice a year, and they are sore and extremely irratating. the tastebud goes white. I clean a needle and remove the thing - day later, with less pain than before, alls ok.

Reply to Mmmmmm