Question
Posted by: Waanie | 2008/10/16

Small toe nails

Hi there, I have very funny small toe nails. It grows much faster, yet small. Its not clear in colour like the other toe nails. How do I get it to look normal. I' m even shy to wear sandals and would so much want to.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Waanie

Small toenails are often thicker or have a different shape because they are constantly getting pressure from shoe etc. If there is a difference in colour it might not be a bad idea to have it checked for a possible fungal infection. A podiatrist will easily be able to get the toe back to its original thickness and shape and give you advise on how to treat a possible fungal nail infection.

Chris