Question
Posted by: Meena | 2011/04/11

Small Pile

I have recently discoverd a small pile and it does not hurt or cause discomfort, but instintively I want it removed ASAP, as I like that area neat, clean and tidy. My questions are 1) What exactly will my GP do when ''removing'' it (cheapest option, as monies are tight!)  2) What is the length of healing time and 3) when passing a stool, how does that area heal properly with it getting moist and when wiping with toilet paper (I''m pretty rough &  thorough in that area - sorry for the overshare, but this is an important question in my mind!) If there are stitches there (albeit small) won''t they tear open when wiping down there? Thanks, look forward to your reply!

Hallo Meena
Your GP won't usually be able to remove this, you will probably need to see a surgeon. There are various ways of removing piles, from cutting them to laser. It will depend on the size and location of the pile, which method the surgeon may choose. Ask your doctor for a referral, and ask the surgeon to discuss all the options with you.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/11

Hallo Meena