Posted by: Nicola | 2009-11-20

small, painful, hard lump on the side of my head, just above ear

Hi there...

For the last few years I have noticed a very small hard lump under the skin, on my head, just above my left ear. It never bothered me before - I would just notice it there. Yesterday I noticed that it was slightly bigger and today it is painful to touch. I am a 38 year old female. Am very worried that it could be cancer. Please could you give me some advice...

The best will be to consult your doctor, in order for him/her to do a biopsy of the lump. This way a histological diagnosis can be made.

Posted by: nicola | 2009-11-20

p.s The lump seems to be under the skin but on the outside it is pinkish red and is the size of an average mole.

Reply to nicola