Question
Posted by: Nikki | 2010/05/27

Small itchy bumps on legs

Hi there.

Every year for the past 2-3 years I get a rash on my legs that is very itchy. This rash only occurs during the winter time. It always appears on the same places on my legs. There are a few patches of raised bumps that are normal skin coloured. They are terribly itchy and I scratch myself until I bleed. This year I cannot handle them and I was wondering if a hydrocortisone cream or pramoxine cream would help to control the itching and take the bumps away.
Could the cause be allergic (something triggered by winter)?
What would be the correct dosage (anti-histamines, hydrocortisone or pramoxine cream) be?
I am 20 years old and otherwise very healthy.

Thank you!

Hallo Nikki
You may be developing a dermatitis due to dryness of the skin. Try something like Stopitch thinly applied twice a day with regular moisturizing with Aqeous cream. Sometimes cortisone tablets may be needed and then you may have to see your doctor for a prescription.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/31

Hallo Nikki