Question
Posted by: CJ | 2008/07/02

small for gestational age

Hi there,
I am currently 29 weeks pregnant, however the sonographer says baby is 26-27weeks in size (head & femur).
She checked bloodflow, heartbeat and if the placenta is working properly and everything checked out well.
Is there any nutrients I can take to help baby's growth..?
Could there be something wrong with my baby genetically.
My down screen and blood test gave me a 1 in 5000 chance of having a down's baby.
Please help.

It sounds like the baby is just normally small. If scans have excluded structural abnormalities, an abnormality as a cause would be unlikely.If you and your family are small, you are likely to have a smallish baby.

1
Posted by: she | 2008/07/02

u don't have to worry then, ur Lo is just fine sometimes Gods doings they don't have to be questioned as long the doctor tells u that everything is gr8 u don't have to drink anything to make ur lo to grow s/he will be fine gal, and congrats.

all the best.

Reply to she