Question
Posted by: micheal | 2010/04/06

small bumps near the base of my shaft

ok so i have these little bumps near the base of the shaft of my penis. they became really prominent when i waxed the bottom of my shaft with one of those home-wax-kits. the skin was stinging and the bumps were at their worst. they havent changed in the last 2 weeks. they are slightly lighter than skin color and look similar to an ingrown hair. there are about 20 of them on my penis and none of them touch each other. they havent changed noticeably in the last 2 weeks so i wonder if a) i need to worry? and b) how to get rid of them.

ps can i submit a photo?

It sounds like ingrown hairs or something related go the waxing, but I only deal with gynecological problems, so try posting to CyberDoc.

3
Posted by: Momof3 | 2010/04/07

Micheal - it might be molluscum contagiosum- that is the name I was thinking of. Here is a link. Just put the 3 w''s infront. .skinsite.com/info_molluscum_contagiosum.

Reply to Momof3
Posted by: Momof3 | 2010/04/07

Hi Micheal

Never wax over inflamed skin, it will make it worse !! See warning on pack - I would suggest seeing a Dermatologist about the pumps. They might have to be burnt off depending what they are. The Dermatologist can take a scrape of the skin to test bt its not just at the base , you say on the penis itself.

See your Dr as they could be contagious to others and spread as well. PS: My husband had a similar condition and I got some.
make sure never to reuse a dirty towel and always use a dry towel. We where staying in a Hotel at the time.

Reply to Momof3