Posted by: Dell | 2009-01-15

Slurred Speech

Good day Doctor

My husband is been sick since Wednesday last, he got cannot speak and walk properly. I took him to a Specialist Physian and did brain scans, full blood count and urine test, the doctor said everything is normal and send us home saying the scans ruled out stroke. On thursday he was still the same and took him to the specialist again and he admitted him, Friday he was discharged still no improvement. He went for check up on Monday and the specialist referred him to the neurologist and the put him in the another machine with lot of wires on his head and the doctor said the result are not good but did not tell us what was wrong and only said that he think my husband is got depression. Please assist.

Hallo Dell
It is difficult for me to give an opinion without knowing what the neurologist found on examination but I guess he did an EEG. Phone him and ask him to explain to you in lay terms exactly what he found and how he is planning to treat this. It is your right as patient to know.