Posted by: anon | 2012-02-12

slow to heal

I''m a 30 year old woman. I don''t have any chronic illnesses I''m in my correct body weight zone and I''m very active.
I''ve noticed that for about the last 2 or so years whenever i get an injury, even if it is small and insignificant like a little scratch or a blister from an ill fitting shoe, it first gets really infected and it takes incredibly long too heal, definitely out of proprtion in time to what the injury is. What could be causing this and is there something I can do to improve this situation?

I suggest that you consult your doctor for blood tests, to exclude metabolic disease, like diabetes. Further blood tests can be done to assess your immune system.