Question
Posted by: molly | 2012/09/07

slow metabolism and losing weight

ok so I have been dieting a while now and at first was a size 10 in jeans and now I am a size 14-16 . I have a bad metabolism and thyroid is fine . have spent lots on gym etc but it is the food I can''t get right . no matter how many diet plans I pay for or anything I keep falling into old routine which is not good .Then when I am eating the right amount etc it does not help no matter how the months pass by. iI have spoken to doctor about problems but no help really . its a hard situation that keeps prolonging . ts breaking point at this stage . any advice or ideas please would be much appreciated , thanks !

Dear Molly
If you are struggling to lose weight and do not know how to turn things around, I would like to recommend that you consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian needs to assess your situation and what you are eating because you may well be suffering from insulin resistance and require a low-fat low-GI (glycaemic index) diet to solve your inability to lose weight. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes’. Keep up the exercise as this does help you with weightloss.
Consult that dietitian ASAP

1

Dear Molly
Consult that dietitian ASAP