Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2011/02/15

Slow-Mag Tablets &  Capsules

Would you please advise which is better to take - the tablets or capsules? I note that the core of the tablets are discharged during a bowel movement the following morning (which the insert advises is normal) and when I take the capsules, I seem to ''feel'' them in my stomach for a while - as if they are taking a bit of time to digest, the same as when I take my Arthrochoice tablets. I take all of the above immediately after a meal. Your advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Michelle

Both formulations are good and you should decide on which suits you best. The dosage of magnesium in the tablet is higher, but the product is a slow release formula meaning that the magnesium get gradually distributed over a period of time.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/02/16

Hi Michelle

Reply to pharmacist