Posted by: Mel | 2013-02-12

Slow mag

Please can u let me know which is the best way to administer slow mag - do u take it at night or in the morning on an empty tummy. The insert just advises to take 1 3 x daily. I have read somewhere that if u mix some vitamins together they dont work! I also find when i take magnesium it makes me nauseous and constipated.

Dear Mel
If you find that the mineral, magnesium, makes you feel nauseous then you need to take it with meals. You don't mention why you are taking the Slow Mag? and if your doctor prescribed 3 tablets a day? Unless there is a clear indication for you to take magnesium supplements, taking 3 tablets a day may be excessive. So try taking only 1 tablet a day with your breakfast and not on an empty stomach. I am puzzled as to why you suffer from constipation when you take magnesium supplements as magnesium hydroxide which is also called Milk of Magnesia has been used as a laxative for many years. Possibly the constipation is due to other causes.