Question
Posted by: stretch | 2009/04/13

Slow heart beat.

Should I be worried about a resting heartbeat of 48/50 beats per minute and the fact that I sometimes feel tired? It feels better to go out and run and get the heart to beat faster.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Stretch
It is low unless you are superfit! It may be better to have your doctor do an ECG to check if the rythm is normal if you feel tired, get dizzy or episodes of light headedness. Tiredness can also be caused by many other medical problems like low blood pressure, underactive thyroid, iron deficiency anemia, so a check up may be good to do anyway!