Posted by: minx | 2009-02-12

Slimming Tea - harmful or not?

A friend of mine suggested slimming tea (flying elephant) to help loose weight, and to maintain health blood circulation and all the good stuff....please advise if this tea is safe? Pros &  cons...

Dear Minx
I am not acquainted with the ingredients in this Flying Elephant tea, but I suspect that it will contain harsh laxatives and diuretics even if they are of plant origin. I do not think this is a safe product to use, but you can check for yourself. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', and then on 'Diet Detective' to compare the ingredients with the list of herbal slimming ingredients that are potentially harmful. Rather be sensible and lose weight with a low-fat diet and daily exercise.