Question
Posted by: TK | 2011/06/21

Slimming ingredients (harmful or not)

May you please inform me of the effects that these ingredietns have on weight loss. I need the information for each one individually and for all combined.
1. Green Tea
2. Chinese Hawthorn
3. Lotus Leaves
4. Poris Cocos
5. Cacciatore seed
6. Chrysanthemum flower

Dear TK
Thank you for listing the ingredients of the Kangmei slimming product. Despite doing a thorough search of the herbal sites on the Internet, I have not been able to ascertain if these ingredients help for weightloss or not, except for Green Tea extract. There is some scientific evidence that green tea extract can help for weightloss. My searches also revealed that Chinese hawthorn is used as a cardiac stimulant, but I could not find mention of its use in slimming. I can only recommend that you discuss the use of this product with your pharmacist and ask him/ her to look up the various other ingredients in his Pharmacopoeia. I am personally not in favour of over-the-counter slimming products that may or may not contain potentially harmful ingredients and possibly not really assist weightloss. Rather use a low-fat, balanced slimming diet and daily exercise to lose weight.

1

Dear TK