Posted by: TS | 2009-04-02

Hello Doc,

I have now looked at your slimming diet, which appears to be better than anything else I have tried in the past. Just one question: are there any mid-morning and afternoon snacks? I tend to have low bloodsugar and can' t have only 3 meals a day, without feeling dizzy and nauseous.

Dear TS
Thank you for your kind comments. If you suffer from hypoglycaemia, then you will need to split up each one of the main meals into 2 smaller meals so that you actually have 6 small meals a day. For example, have the cereal or porridge with fat-free milk for breakfast and then have a slice of low-GI bread with marmite and 1 t of lite margarine at mid-morning. Please use low-GI bread if you are hypoglycaemic instead of wholewheat or brown bread. Low-GI bread is much heavier than the other breads so only have 1 slice for every 2 slices of brown or wholewheat. I keep on wanting to compile a low-GI slimming diet for my Readers, but get so involved with answering questions that I have not got so far. But keep an eye on the site, I may just get some time soon.