Question
Posted by: pammy | 2011/01/27

slimming

hi can you pls help me i have been on numerous diets aswell as herbal life products ,i have lost weight and then just picked it all up again, i have become very emotional and depressed about my weight ,i have struggled for years with this problem it is affecting my personal life aswell. my height is 1.61cm and my weight is 115kg pls i desperately need help to lose the weight i have used ciplatrim 15g with the herbal life products but to no avail, if i cut out potatoes,rice,pumkin,mealies and pasta , and bread out of my diet and eat only fish and chicken and white meat and more green veg will i lose weight ,and drink 2litres of water.and walk for 30mins a day will i see results fast pls advise, i cannot afford gastric bypass surgery i have enquired
too exspensive . so i need an alternitive way .
pls help
regards pammy

Dear Pammy
I can understand that you feel depressed because you have tried so many different diets and diet products with little success. Your present BMI = 44.4, which is very high and in the obese category. Just to get back to a BMI of 30 (overweight category), you would need to weigh 77 kg, which entails a loss of 38 kg. This is a great deal of weight to lose and a gastric bypass would probably be the best option. You do, however, mention that you cannot afford this type of surgery, so I would like to suggest that you consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to evaluate your case and assist you with the most suitable slimming diet in line with your weight problem and other factors. Losing weight under the care of a professional diet expert may for once help you to stick to your diet and persevere. Once you start losing weight and get more mobile, it would also be good if you did some form of exercise (swimming is a good choice because this does not put strain on your joints). To encourage you, keep in mind that the Biggest Loser SA TV series in 2008 was a shining example of the principles of using an energy reduced diet and daily exercise. In fact some contestants lost in excess of 50 kg in a relatively short period. So take heart, it can be done, but I do think that having a dietitian to assist you will help.
Holding thumbs that you will start losing weight and keep it off

1

Dear Pammy