Question
Posted by: Poppi | 2009/11/18

Slimmers Choice Meal

Hi Diet Doc
Thanks for a really valuable forum and great advice.
I' m currently trying to lose 3 kgs and want to know if the Slimmers Choice Chicken &  Broccoli bake is a good option for an occasional quick meal.
Nutritional info per 100g:
Kj: 340
Protein 8.4g
Carbs: 6.2g
of which sugars 1.8g
Total Fat: 2.2g

What is considered low carbohydrate per 100g? is this meal relatively low carb as I do like to have 1 slice of rye bread with it.

Thank you very much for your help.

Dear Poppi
Thank you for your kind words which have cheered me up a great deal on this cold day! The Slimmers Choice Chicken and Broccoli Bake which contains 340 kJ or 5,4% of your daily energy intake when slimming and only 2.2g of fat per 100g, is an excellent choice. Basically you can eat about 2100 kJ per meal if you have only 3 main meals a day, so this is a low energy option and you can certainly have a slice of rye bread (approx. 50 g which contains about 466 kJ) with it. The combination of 100g chicken and broccoli plus rye bread without margarine = 806 kJ which is still well below 2100 kJ per meal.
The carb content of 6.2 g/100g is low.
Enjoy

1

Dear Poppi
The carb content of 6.2 g/100g is low.
Enjoy