Posted by: Dená  | 2009-09-09

Slimeeze Nutritional information

Here is the information Doc I would also want to know the side effects if there is any and if it is safe to use.
vit a,b1, b2,b6, b12, d3, e, folic acid, niacin, pantothenic, biotin
Minirals- calcuium, sodium, potassium, magnesium

Trace elements-Iodine, iron, manganese, nickel, copper, cobalt
Herb -|- tail-senna, rhamnus, frangula, foenaculum, valgare, sumbucus nigra, Ilex paraguarienis

Dear Dena
From what you write I gather that Slimeeze is a meal replacement? If this is so then it is certainly low in fat and high in carbs. The vitamins and minerals should not be harmful unless by using the product as recommended (to replace 2-3 meals a day) you overdose on these nutrients. This is particularly important in regard to the trace elements like nickel and cobalt - just because a small amount is good for you does not mean that having large amounts cannot be harmful. According to their Website the product contains laxatives (the senna, rhamnus frangula (has been banned in many countries because of its harsh laxative effect)) and a diuretic. The ilex or yerba mate contains xanthines, which are alkaloids such as caffeine, theophylline, and theobromine, well-known stimulants that also occur in tea and coffee. Seeing that you mention in your next posting that you suffer from high blood pressure you should not take this product because it can cause complications such as overdoses of vitamins, minerals and trace elements and the laxative and diuretic effects can exhaust your potassium stores making your high bp even worse.
So stick to the DASH diet as explained in my 2nd reply.