Question
Posted by: pienkie | 2011-02-24

slight pain in throat and difficulty swallowing

just want to find out, they tested my thyroid gland and it was on 12, and then put me on pills (eltroxin) ive been drinking it for a year or two, and now I''m starting to feel a slight pain in my throat and difficulty swallowing. should I stop using those pills? what should i do?

Hallo Pienkie
Difficulty swallowing is usually not due to the thyroid, but due to a problem in the esophagus (could be narrowing due to scar tissue if you have chronic heartburn or acid reflux) Please ask your GP to refer you to a gastroenterologist for a gastroscopy to look whether they can find the reason for your symptoms.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-02-24

Hallo Pienkie