Question
Posted by: yvw | 2011/01/21

Slender Wonder Program

Hi Dietdoc
What''s your opinion on the Slender Wonder Program?

Dear YVW
I do not approve of the Slender Wonder diet because I do not think that it is based on sound scientific and dietetic principles. It sounds like a fad starvation diet to me. It would be safer and more sensible to spend money on consulting a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), so that she/he can help you with a balanced slimming diet which may be based on the principle of the glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Then I would like to recommend that you do some form of exercise for at least 30 min a day (brisk walking, skipping, jogging, rowing, cycling (stationary bike), or join a good gym or Walk for Life) because aerobic exercise helps with weightloss and stimulates your metabolism.
The use of HCG or any other hormone injections for slimming purposes in adults is not recommended and can be potentially dangerous. On the other hand the injections may not contribute to weightloss at all.
Take care

2
Posted by: yvw | 2011/02/21

Dear DietDoc

Thank you for your feedback. I have been using this for the past 2-3 months now (started 6 Dec 2010).
I have lost 11kg, 8cm around waist (stomach) and 8cm around hips. I have not experienced hunger with this diet, it allows you to eat most foods you would normally eat (healthy foods). Yes I do have the odd craving here and there, and I have cheated a few times. But was lucky enough not to pick up any lost kg''s. One of the rules in this is that you are not allowed to be / feel hungry, if you do it right you should not be.
In the beginning I had problems adjusting to it, seeing that I have to weigh my food, thus meaning I have to plan my next meal ahead.

I''m happy &  my confidence is coming back slowly, I feel Wonderful.
I have always lost weight easily but to maintain it was a HUGE problem. I cant wait to get to the ''Maintenance &  Stabilization phases of the diet"  in order to over come it and keep the weight off for good.
My friend did this 2yrs ago, she''s on the stabilization phase now, and she looks wonderful....

Reply to yvw

Dear YVW
Take care