Question
Posted by: Peta H | 2009/12/04

Slender Wonder Diet

I have alot of weight to lose (about 30kg) that i have put on with my baby and afterwards - stress eating while he has been in hospital 23 times in last months...

My question is this - i have heard about the Slender Wonder diet that was developed by a Dr Botha where you get injections for a month and simultaneously follow a kj controlled diet etc.

My questions are this:
- are there side effects to this diet that i should be concerned about?
- will i put on all this weight back again if i stop taking the injections after a month
- i am prone to DVT' s, and am on meds to prevent it. Is it safe to be on this diet?

I jsut need a diet to kind of give me a kick start in losing weight, and to motivate me to lose more weight. I realise that it is a life long change in eating habits but i was hoping that this could kick start me - would you recommend this diet or what other diet can i use?

P

Dear Peta
I am so sorry to hear that you baby has been in and out of hospital 23 times in recent months. This is enough to distress any mother and I can understand that you are turning to food for comfort. Because you tend to suffer from DVTs, I would not recommend any diet that is high in protein and fat or in any way unbalanced and I cannot recommend those injections. Please for your own sake, spend the money on joining a good and sensible diet organisation such as Weigh-Less or Weight Watchers. They use well balanced diets and give you the moral support you require at this stage to start losing weight and then to keep it off. If your dr gives permission, you should also start doing some form of regular exercise like going for brisk walks in the fresh air (this is a wonderful stress reliever) or skipping for 30 min a day. But check with the dr who is treating your DVTs before you start exercising.
I hope your baby will no longer have to go to hospital and that he grows into a strong and lovely boy.

1

Dear Peta