Question
Posted by: Maria | 2010-03-17

Slender Wonder Clinic

What is your opinion on this clinic. There is one very close to me - but it costs almost R2000.00 a month. I heard that it works really well, but I am so afraid of doing something that costs so much and then just pick up all the weight again - and then some. Is there maybe something out there that really DOES work. I am so sick and tired of being fat. I was with The Perfect Weight Centre last year - and I lost 35kg while on it - was amazing. I have now picked up 10kg since being off (okay - I didnt do the weaning off part - they said you have to do it) Anyways, I am scared my body gets used to the meds Perfect Weight gave me - thats why I wanna try something else.

thank you.

Dear Maria
I think that you should use your money to rather consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), or Weigh-Less or Weight Watchers, and a good gym. Weight-Less and Weight Watchers use a well balanced approach that does not cut out any food groups and they have been assisting people to lose successfully weight for approx. 30 years. Going to a gym will also benefit your health and make you fit, trim and more inclined to adhere to your diet.

2
Posted by: X | 2010-03-18

For a change I agree with DietDoc. Rather go to a dietician. Slender Wonder is rubbish - and you do regain all the weight afterwards. This is because it is such a very low calorie(starvation), very-very low fat (unhealthy) diet that it is impossible not to binge once you are off all the injections etc.

Reply to X
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-03-17

Dear Maria